Genelex has partnered with the following accredited institutions to offer Continuing Education on the topic of pharmacogenetics. The following courses have been developed for a broad range of healthcare providers, including physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Continuing Education credit is available for each of these courses through the accrediting organization.
Ohio Northern University
Application of Pharmacogenetics Continuing Education Online Course
Facilitated by Brian Hocum, Application of Pharmacogenetics discusses fundamental factors and benefits of pharmacogenetics. The topics of study include:
- identifying important drug interaction mechanisms
- describes the clinical impact of pharmacogenetics,
- tools for understanding pharmacogenetic information,
- how to recognize which patients will benefit from pharmacogenetic testing, and
- assess medication profiles for pharmacogenetic impact.
Presentation runtime: approximately 70 minutes.
American College of Clinical Pharmacology
Introduction to Pharmacogenetics Continuing Education Online Course
Introduction to Pharmacogenetics, is directed at pharmacists in a community-based practice. Facilitated by Jeffrey R. Bishop, PharmD, BCPP, assistant professor at the Department of Pharmacy Practice at University of Illinois Chicago, this knowledge-based activity covers:
- basic concepts of pharmacogenetics,
- genetic variants and their influences on medicines,
- FDA-approved product labeling,
- PGx testing, and
- developing strategies for counseling patients about pharmacogenetics
Presentation runtime: approximately 2 hours
- Course Catalogue (Course Number: 0401-0000-11-004-H01-P)